D. Tek HPVs - no website
Velo Vision Forum  : VV Discussion
Discussion of Velo Vision magazine contents, the website, and all topics likely to be of interest to Velo Vision readers 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Tires and Tubes
Posted by: Bicycle Joe (IP Logged)
Date: July 04, 2006 02:12PM

Since I have a recumbent (406 front/559 rear) and a Bike Friday NWT I
seem to have a varied collection of extra tires and tubes both presta and schrader. Before spending any more money on new tires and tubes I want to use the ones I have laying around. Would this setup on the rear wheel be okay:

Rim: Sun CR18
Tire: Vredestein S-Lick 20 x 1.3
Tube: Sized for 20 X 1.75 " and above.

Or would having a larger inner tube used with skinnier tire be a recipe for possible problems.

Regards,
Joseph

Re: Tires and Tubes
Posted by: Tom (IP Logged)
Date: July 04, 2006 03:05PM

<Complete disclaimer from any responsibility whatever from the results of this advice>

Well, it's possible, but isn't considered good practice. In any event, you may well find it very difficult to install the tyre without pinch punctures. Modern inner tubes are reliable and long lived, so it might be a better bet to simply fit an approprite new tube of the recommended size, and find other ways to use the old one or its materials.

- Lord Obsolescent -

Would you like to to post a message or a reply? Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please use the 'Log In' link above either to sign in if you already have an account, or to register as a new user if you do not.
This forum powered by Phorum.