D. Tek HPVs - no website
Velo Vision Forum  : VV Discussion
Discussion of Velo Vision magazine contents, the website, and all topics likely to be of interest to Velo Vision readers 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Kettweisel versus Greenspeed Anura
Posted by: Stuart (IP Logged)
Date: November 23, 2007 07:47PM

I've been thinking about another bent and I'm quite taken with the Delta recumbent trikes especially with the arrival of Greenspeed's new Anura. I like the option of two wheel drive, better manouvreability with the single front wheel, easier mounting and dismounting and the the ability to park it on its backside.

The Kettweisel with its 20" wheels, lean't in rear wheels and large diameter alloy tubes looks quite sexy where as the Anura with its square section tubing, 16" wheels and high back seat looks more functional.
The one advantage that the Kettweisel has over the Anura is the ability to carry a pair of panniers over the front wheel so it may be more practical for touring. Is there a rack to carry panniers over a 16" wheel?

Re: Kettweisel versus Greenspeed Anura
Posted by: Seamus (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2007 12:03PM

What's wrong with the Sinner Trike?

Vanaf ? 2.050,
De perfecte combinatie van pure ontspanning en gezonde beweging. Heel ontspannen fietsen en lekker om je heen kijken ? want je hebt tenslotte altijd de optimale stabiliteit van twee achterwielen. Optimale ontspanning, dat is de Comfort!
De Comfort is in 2005 volledig vernieuwd. Het frame heeft een strakke vormgeving gekregen waarbij de "knik" is verdwenen om plaats te maken voor het grotere voorwiel. De wielen hebben nu alle drie dezelfde wielmaat: 20" (ertro 406). Vervolgens zijn er de volgende verschillen met het oude model: * Achtervering met hydraulisch gedempt veerelement. * Voor een nog betere stabiliteit is de zithoogte met 90 mm. verlaagd, en de spoorbreedte vergroot van 670mm naar 750mm. * Het frame is geschikt voor klein en groot; van ca. 1.40 toe 2.10 cm. lichaamslengte, en kan gemakkelijk op persoonlijke voorkeur afgesteld worden. * Het is nu ook mogelijk de zeer comfortabele spanziting te bestellen (optie)
Standaard wordt de speciaal voor de Comfort ontwikkelde lumbaal zitschaal geleverd. Deze zitschaal heeft extra zijdelingse steun en is snel in de gewenste stand te stellen.
Zo hebben Comfortrijders altijd een comfortabele stoel bij de hand.
Ook aan het meenemen van veel bagage is gedacht, de speciaal voor de Comfort ontwikkelde Jumbo tas heeft een inhoud van maar liefst 70 liter. Uiteraard passen ook diverse andere tassen op het bagagerek.
Vakantie in het buitenland? Zonder evenwichtsproblemen kunnen steile hellingen in een laag tempo worden bedwongen.
Twee Comfortrijders kunnen extra fietsplezier beleven door hun fietsen aan elkaar te koppelen tot een tandem, waarbij beide fietsen toch hun eigen aandrijving houden.
De Comfort wordt zeer compleet geleverd en kent 3 uitvoeringen:

Toer 21: 3 x 7 versnellingen met drievoudig voorblad en 7 speed cassette geschakeld met voor en achter derailleur. Schijfremmen op de achterwielen.
Dual 24: 3 x 8 versnellingen met enkelvoudig voorblad en Sram Dual drive 3 versnellingsnaaf met 8 speed cassette en achter derailleur. Schijfremmen op de achterwielen.
Dual 27: 3 x 9 versnellingen met enkelvoudig voorblad en Sram Dual drive 3 versnellingsnaaf met 9 speed cassette en achter derailleur. Schijfremmen op de achterwielen.

De Comfort is leverbaar met onderstuur en opgebogen onderstuur.

Posted by: Seamus (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2007 12:20PM

Date: November 24, 2007 10:41PM

Its all double-dutch to me, can you translate Seamus?

Posted by: n-ick (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2007 12:49PM

Isn't "Seamus" now dutch for tiger on the loose?

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Posted by: Geoff (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2007 01:17PM

That's not clever and it's not funny!

(actually it's Dutch for 'Where the F*CK did that come from)

"I thought of that while riding my bike." --Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail.
1951 Engine in need of partial rebuild.

Posted by: PhilO (IP Logged)
Date: November 27, 2007 09:28AM

Its all double-dutch to me, can you translate Seamus?

Google Translate says:

"From ? 2,050,
The perfect combination of pure relaxation and healthy movement. Very relaxed bicycles and delicious? look around you because you finally have always optimal stability of the two rear wheels. Optimal relaxation, which is the Comfort!
The Comfort in 2005 renovated. The frame has been given a tight design with the "bend" has disappeared to make way for the wider front. The wheels have now all three the same wielmaat: 20 "(ertro 406). Then there are the following differences with the old model: * Shocks with hydraulic muted veerelement. * For an even better stability is the seat height by 90 mm. Reduced, and the track increased from 670mm to 750mm. * The frame is suitable for small and large, from approximately 1.40 to 2.10 cm. stature, and can easily be adjusted to personal preference. * It is now also possible the very comfortable spanziting to order ( optional)
By default, the specially developed for the Comfort lumbar zitschaal. This zitschaal has additional lateral support and is quick in the desired position.
For example, Comfortrijders always a comfortable chair at hand.
Also to carry much baggage has been thought, especially for the developed Comfort Jumbo bag has a capacity of no less than 70 liters. Of course also fit several other bags on the bagagerek.
Holiday abroad? Without balance can steep slopes in a low rate bedwongen.
Two Comfortrijders may experience additional excitement by their bicycles to be linked to a tandem, with two bicycles still drive their own.
The Comfort is very complete and has 3 versions:

Tour 21: 3 x 7 gears with triple cover and 7 speed cassette linked with front and rear derailleur. Brakes on the rear wheels.
Dual 24: 3 x 8 gears with a single cover and Sram Dual drive 3 speed with 8 speed cassette and rear derailleur. Brakes on the rear wheels.
Dual 27: 3 x 9 gears with a single cover and Sram Dual drive 3 Gear with 9 speed cassette and rear derailleur. Brakes on the rear wheels.

The Comfort is available with underseat and opgebogen underseat."

Posted by: Mary Arneson (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2007 11:32AM

I've ridden all three (a rented Sinner Comfort, chosen because it did have better luggage capacity), a Kettwiesel Ride with a differential (also rented) and our own Anura and Kettwiesel, as well as some Kettwiesels at the Spezi bike show (not to mention a large number of tadpole trikes, including our Greenspeed GTO). The ability to stand these trikes up on end is a great convenience. Our Kettwiesel and Anura stand in a space that isn't any more than two regular bikes require. The biggest disadvantage is the limited luggage space. For touring with the trikes, we would use a trailer. (We are thinking about riding them as a tandem for tours, but that further reduces the limited behind-seat storage space on the front trike.)

Delta trikes are easier to get on and off than anything else I've tried riding. We have put people in their 80's on them. They provide comfortable seating at events. I have enjoyed 50- and 60-mile rides on both of our deltas.

The "skipping" to the side on the Kettwiesel without the differential is noticeable. You can adapt to it, but I really prefer to ride up steep hills on the Anura. (The Kettwiesel Ride that I rented was in the Netherlands, so I never took it up a real hill.) Other than that, they are both lots of fun to ride. The Anura is a little narrower, so it is easier to take indoors. The Kettwiesel, with its cambered rear wheels, resists tipping better when cornering at high speeds.

In the U.S., the Anura is much less expensive than the Kettwiesel, but perhaps that isn't as much of an issue in Great Britain.

Date: November 29, 2007 08:59PM

Both the Kettwiesel and Anura have advantages and disadvantages against each other.

I like the narrower overall width of the Anura and what looks to be a higher seat back than the Kettwiesel.
On the Kettwiesel I like the 20" wheels, the option to take front panniers (can the Anura take a front rack?) and the cambered rear wheels.

Does the Anura have a front derailleur tube mounted on its front beam as standard as some photos on the web show it with and without.

Posted by: Mary Arneson (IP Logged)
Date: November 30, 2007 01:00AM

The front derailleur tube was on the prototypes but was dropped for the production run after they decided to make the Schlumpf Speed Drive standard equipment. (I like having it, because it's a convenient handle for wheeling the trike around). We have not tried to find luggage racks for the small front wheel on the Anura. The RANS seat, which Greenspeed uses on the Anura, is more supportive than the mesh seat on the Kettwiesel, but it requires more protection in the rain.

Posted by: peter47 (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2010 02:52PM

You can get the racks ordered from Kettweisel but if you live in London i know the racks can be ordered from London Recumbents on Dulwich Village/Colledge Road, Just bought my trike from them and even got the magazine from Germany, The front panniers are Ortilieb as well as the rear bag.

Posted by: FlyingDutchman (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2010 10:01PM

Depending on your budget, you may be interested in the small ads on www.ligfiets.net Quite a few Sinner comforts and Kettwiesels, often at very attractive prices. I'm sure most advertiser on there would be happy to send you an English translation of their ad.
By the way, the sinner comfort has some kind of differential, and both wheels are 'powered' independently.

Posted by: Arch (IP Logged)
Date: August 12, 2010 09:05AM

Mary Arneson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Delta trikes are easier to get on and off than
> anything else I've tried riding. We have put
> people in their 80's on them.

But did you get them off again? ;-) Or are they still sitting there, wanting a cup of tea?

(Sorry, not a helpful addition, couldn't resist a joke...)

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

Also often found on www.cyclechat.co.uk

Posted by: nesloone (IP Logged)
Date: August 12, 2010 10:15AM

Thanks for the link to this website, I will now look what is around on offer.

dieselfuel properties, hydraulicoil filters, coalmine fire

Would you like to to post a message or a reply? Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please use the 'Log In' link above either to sign in if you already have an account, or to register as a new user if you do not.
This forum powered by Phorum.