Velo Vision Forum  : VV Discussion
Discussion of Velo Vision magazine contents, the website, and all topics likely to be of interest to Velo Vision readers 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Welcome to the new VV forum!
Posted by: peter (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2006 12:04PM

Welcome to the updated Velo Vision forum.
Details of how the forum works, acceptable use, how to post links etc can be found in the FAQ and Help section.

Please note that before you can post any message you will need to register as a forum user. Details can be found here.. See additional notes here if you have problems.

Once you have registered and activated your account as above (and after waiting for it to be manually approved), use the 'New Topic' link to post a new message.

You are also welcome to add pictures: see here for instructions.

In particular please note that companies and organisations are welcome to promote their commercial services in reply to questions or messages, but blatant advertising will be removed. This is necessary to support the paying advertisers who in turn support Velo Vision.

All for now. Any questions or problems, please post here or email me at
peter--at--velovision.com and I'll try and sort it out!

Peter

--
Peter Eland - Velo Vision publisher

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 12:06PM by peter.

Re: Welcome to the new VV forum!
Posted by: David Hudson (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2006 01:26PM

Registered without any problems.
Just a note, the fonts used for the left hand menu bar are different than that of the VV home page. Do you have some mismatched CSS?

Posted by: antony@pedalcars (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2006 03:10PM

Hmm, also, the text appears slightly fuzzy, like it's out of focus.

The old forum and rest of site are still fine, so I can only guess that it's the choice of font in the new forum.

Date: June 07, 2006 03:46PM

Mmm, looks like it does indeed use different fonts - the main site just uses Arial/Helvetica sans serif fonts - looking at the source for these pages many of the Phorum styles are using Bitstream Vera or Lucida where available before defaulting to Arial or generic sans serif.

Just had a look in the admin pages and can't find any way to change it there. No doubt Simon the Webmonster (site programmer) can advise whether or not this is easily changed...

Not sure the new fonts are too bad actually. Anyone else have a view?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2006 03:48PM by peter.

Posted by: simon (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2006 06:53PM

Oh bugger - knew I'd forgotten to do something.
The fonts appear to be broken because I forgot to update the stylesheet for the new forum code.

It doesn't look *too* bad to me at the moment (using Mozilla on the Windoze box) but it does clang a bit compared to the rest of the site. Will have a look at it.

Simon

[ And I can also confirm that the editing bug is no longer a problem :-) ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2006 06:54PM by simon.

Date: June 07, 2006 09:09PM

I am not sure what you have done but I suspect that the stylesheet is either gone or completly stuffed now. Ho hum.

Posted by: simon (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2006 09:22PM

Serves you right for updating the page whilst I was updating the style sheets ...

Apropos of this, the style sheets have been rejigged so that the whole look should be a bit more consistent. I've checked things on the following setups:

- Windows: Mozilla, Firefox and Exploder
- Mac: Mozilla and Firefox (don't use Safari - standards compliant or not, it's still crap. I don't have IE on my Mac any more)
- Linux: Mozilla and Firefox.

Browsers I haven't tried include Opera, Konquerer and Nautilis. I see no reason why these shouldn't work - if IE can render the pages correctly, pretty much anything can :-)

Simon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2006 09:42PM by simon.

Date: June 08, 2006 07:21AM

simon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Serves you right for updating the page whilst I
> was updating the style sheets ...

I suspected so - looks great now.

Posted by: antony@pedalcars (IP Logged)
Date: June 08, 2006 10:52AM

Ah, that's much better - ta!

Date: June 09, 2006 11:19AM

I have just noticed the date format on the forum list is mm/dd/yyyy, is there a config option to display as dd/mm/yyyy for clarity?

Date: November 24, 2008 10:35AM

Hi Chris, sorry, just noticed your posting! Welcome to the forum...

I am based in York (as is Velo Vision) but I guess other members are from all over, UK and beyond...

BTW, the date problem mentioned in the post two above was fixed :-)

Date: August 29, 2012 07:19PM

'Chris' turned out to be a link spammer and has been deleted BTW.

--
Peter Eland - Velo Vision publisher

Would you like to to post a message or a reply? Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please use the 'Log In' link above either to sign in if you already have an account, or to register as a new user if you do not.
This forum powered by Phorum.