London Recumbents
Velo Vision Forum  : VV Discussion
Discussion of Velo Vision magazine contents, the website, and all topics likely to be of interest to Velo Vision readers 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Couriers that take large bikes?
Posted by: Stonehead (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2010 11:58AM

Can anyone recommend a courier that will take a large cargo trike? I'm selling our Kangaroo Bike and have had a query from someone in East Anglia. We're in Aberdeenshire, so I need to find a courier to deliver the bike down south.

The bike's dimensions are weight: 40kg, length 218 cm, width 90 cm, height 120 cm. I've tried a couple of couriers that we use for other things but they say it's too big.

Any suggestions, please?

Re: Couriers that take large bikes?
Posted by: peter (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2010 12:23PM

Does it split into two sections perchance?

If not try e.g

[www.shiply.com]

Date: October 27, 2010 12:34PM

Thanks. The trike has three-point steering with a damper and is complicated to split/reassemble. Not a problem for me as I maintain all sorts of machinery, but a problem for a buyer who's not mechanically skilled. I can remove the handlebars, hood and hoodframe to reduce the height slightly.

Posted by: peter (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2010 12:47PM

Just remembered - it was this one rather than Shiply I used a few years ago to hift a milling machine:

[www.loadup.co.uk]

Posted by: Steveindenmark (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2010 02:12PM

You could try Spirit Couriers...do a search.

They usually take motorbikes but they may take a large bike. They are excellent at what they do and I got a really good price for the job they did for me.

Steve

Date: October 27, 2010 09:25PM

Thanks for the help. I'll give them all a shot and see what I can organise.

Posted by: Chris (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2010 09:27PM

Try Thistle Couriers in Dyce 01224 774660. We use them for all our courier work and they are very helpful. The owner is away at the moment but ask for Malcolm.

Would you like to to post a message or a reply? Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please use the 'Log In' link above either to sign in if you already have an account, or to register as a new user if you do not.
This forum powered by Phorum.