CycleMiles
Velo Vision Forum  : Russian trikes forum
A forum for owners of, and anyone interested in, recumbent trikes made in Russia, including machines from AS Engineering, Berkut, trikes.ru etc. Intended as a place for knowledge exchange, spares and repair support as well as simply swapping notes.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Useful links and 'Who's Who' of Russian trikes
Posted by: peter (IP Logged)
Date: November 17, 2009 03:34PM

A few useful links: feel free to add more:

[groups.yahoo.com]
ASE Trikes mailing list on Yahoo: the group archives will illuminate some of the history of the various manufacturers. Still active, and well worth joining up if you're an owner.

[www.trike.ru]
Website of the (currently inactive) manufacturer of three-wheel drive trikes, the latest iteration of the AS Engineering concept. There are no plans to start commerical activity in the immediate future. Run by Vladimir Pantyukhov and Alexei Solovjov, who was the original engineering brains behind AS Engineering. Formed in around 2004, but never started manufacture or actual sales to my knowledge.

[www.berkut-trikes.com]
Website for Berkut trikes, again currently not making trikes, but may possibly have some spares. The main people here are Anna and Vadim. Berkut are a long established Russian trike maker.

[www.aha.ru]
"URAN-1 and AS Engineering" site run by Yuri Karasev, former business partner in AS Engineering, later operating alone under the new name. Not currently making trikes as far as I know. Note that several customers on the Yahoo mailing list report that they have paid this company for trikes which have not been delivered, although Yuri continues (latest message Nov 2009) to claim via the Yahoo mailing list that he still intends to make good on these contracts.

[www.eland.org.uk]
My (Peter Eland) own website with some pictures of my trike as it was before I sold it some years ago.

Just did a bit of Google work and found some more:

[www.escape.de]
Some nice images of a German Solovjov trike.

[mairas.net]
Older pages by Matti Airas - including some old pics of mine I'd forgotten about! Many pictures of several trikes. Also links to download some ASE brochures. The site includes:
[mairas.net]
A long (text) report I wrote soon after getting my trike...
[mairas.net]
Matti's own impressions...

[www.cyclechat.co.uk]
A thread on CycleChat, apparently from a UK owner...

Anyone got any more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 07:52PM by peter.

Would you like to to post a message or a reply? Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please use the 'Log In' link above either to sign in if you already have an account, or to register as a new user if you do not.
This forum powered by Phorum.